rings image toronto civic wedding chamber swans images
Tour Our Chamber
In Weddings
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact Us

City Hall Weddings

Welcome to the Toronto Civic Wedding Chambers. Marriages are performed at Toronto City Hall Wedding Chambers by appointment only. Please arrange your appointment in advance.

Our Marriage Officiants are licenced to perform marriage ceremonies by the Registrar General of the Province of Ontario.

The fee is $270.00 ($238.90 + HST $31.06), which includes the Marriage Officiant and chambers for a half hour. Full payment is due upon booking.

The fee is non refundable, however one change is permitted.

If your ceremony is booked on a Monday-Thursday, we require 2 business days notice to make a change.

If your ceremony is booked on a Friday or Saturday, we require 10 business days (14 days) notice to make a change.

On Your Wedding Day
You are required to bring with you:

1. A valid marriage licence 
2. Two witnesses 

The new chamber seats 15 people and there is standing room for approximately 15 others. The couple and two witnesses will be standing during the ceremony. Friends and family are welcome!

Ceremonies are performed every half hour. We ask you to arrive at the Chambers fifteen minutes early. Parties who arrive late will be accommodated at our discretion.

Please feel free to expand your vows or include special readings in your ceremony.

Pictures and/or video may be taken during the ceremony. Pictures may also be taken in the first floor lobby of City Hall, in Nathan Phillips Square or at the Osgoode Hall Gardens (located West of City Hall).

Directly following the ceremony, you will receive a "Record of Solemnization of Marriage" from the Officiant. Your licence will be mailed immediately to the Office of the Registrar General in Thunder Bay for registration.

Approximately 8 weeks after your ceremony, you may wish to apply for a formal Certificate of Marriage from the Registrar General of Ontario, located in Thunder Bay. The application form and fee schedule were included with the information you received when you purchased your marriage licence. If you do not have the Marriage Certificate Application Form, you may pick one up from any marriage licence office or from the Toronto Office of the Registrar General at 47 Sheppard Ave. E., 4th floor (Tel: 416.325.8305). Alternatively, you may apply online at serviceontario.ca.

Best wishes on your forthcoming marriage.



HomeTour Our ChambersCity Hall WeddingsOff-Site Weddings
Frequently Asked QuestionsContact Us